Tuesday 8 November 2016

Thai Green Shrimp Curry

Cooking is a relatively new found joy of mind. This past year, I have really started enjoying trying new recipes and putting my own take on it. Growing up, my mother cooked my family amazing meals. Almost every night there would be a different and delicious creation on the table. Her passion for cooking has been passed down to me as I further develop my skills. I want my Revelstoke adventure and this blog to feature this kitchen journey. 
First up.....Thai Green Shrimp Curry. I adapted this recipe from a few I found online, but made it my own. It ended up being a bit more of a yellow curry, due to my siracha love. This is a quick and easy recipe, that can be adapted to your choice. 

For 2

1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
4 tablespoons of green curry paste
1 can (400 ml) of (light) coconut milk
1/2 tablespoon of fish sauce (optional)
1 red pepper
3/4 cup of broccoli florets
1/2 can (170ml) of corn
1/2 cup of Bok Choy
1 cup of spinach
Frozen, Cooked Shrimp
Bean Sprouts
1 Lime
Siracha (optional)

1. Since I use brown rice, the kind that takes just over a half hour to make, I always start the cooking process of any rice based meal by making that first. Therefore it can cook while I prepare the rest of the meal. A jasmine rice would be better for this sort of recipe, but whatever you have on hand works. Please follow the directions on your rice container (usually a 1:2 ratio, rice to water)

2. Add oil to pan and then add 2 tbsp of green curry paste and fish sauce.  Sauté it around for 1-2 minutes. On a high heat, slowly add one can of coconut milk to the pan, whisking it in as parts.

3. If you are using chicken, now would be the time to add it to the pan. Let this cook for 3-5 minutes. Let it bubble and then turn it down to a simmer.

3. Add red pepper, brocooli, and corn and let it cook.

4. At this point, I added 1 1/2 tbsp of Siracha, but use your discretion to how spicy you would like the curry. Add the final 2 tbsp of green curry paste.

5. Once your rice is almost cooked through, add bok choy and spinach to the pan. Add shrimp, as much, or as little as you like.

6. Dish out curry on a bed of rice and top with bean sprouts and fresh lime juice.



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment